Livestock Control Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- Appointed by Chief and Council by BCR pursuant to the Stray livestock bylaw, employed by the Piikani Nation for the purpose of enforcing provisions of the Stray Livestock bylaw.
- Control, Management and impoundment of Stray livestock
- Issue notices to Nation Members/Non-Nation Members of nuisance livestock
- Maintenance of Impoundment facilities
- Communication with Membership, Chief and Council, CEO, Lands Manager regarding bylaw and impoundment issues, updates.
- Work in coordination with Lands Staff to complete all impounds and tasks in a timely manner.
- Control of Livestock in Agriculture and Grazing Fields
- Destruction of Dangerous and Sick livestock
- Maintenance of Community Pastures
- Tracking and Knowledge of Livestock Brands